World History: Full Year Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of Social Studies.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
This survey course covers material from approximately 1350 to the present including the history and culture of countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Topics to be covered will include the Renaissance, Reformation, Scientific Revolution, Exploration, the Enlightenment, Imperialism, World War I and the rise of the dictators leading to World War II. Study skills such as map reading, graphs, charts, and outlines are emphasized. This course will give the student insights into what factors shaped the history of the world, and what effect history has on some of the events of today. Students will utilize primary and secondary source materials in researching and drawing evidence-based conclusions about historical problems and issues.