Honors Physics: Summer Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of Chemistry.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
Physics is the study of forces and energy and its interplay with matter and all the things around us. This is an honors high school physics course. Among the concepts covered in this course are Motion in one and two dimensions, vectors, forces and motion, work energy, momentum and collisions. Also covered are basic fluid mechanics, wave theory and sound along with the properties of light. The course concludes with an overview of static electricity and electrical forces and fields and covers electric current, electric energy, and basic circuitry along with magnetism and electromagnetic induction.
The mathematics required for this course includes advanced algebra and trigonometry and basic geometry. Instruction includes considerable problem solving practice and Internet demonstrations showing physical principles. Basic methods of scientific inquiry are stressed in developing knowledge of the physical universe along with the historical development of the science of physics.