Chemistry: Full Year Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of Chemistry.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
Chemistry is the study of matter and the changes it can undergo. This is a standard college preparatory chemistry course. Among the concepts and areas covered in this course are scientific measurements, atomic structure, models of atoms (Thompson, Bohr and Quantum Mechanical), the periodic table, types of chemical bonding, chemical nomenclature, stoichiometry, the gas laws and states of matter, and types of chemical reactions. The course includes an introduction to solution chemistry, acid and base theories and thermochemistry.
The mathematics of chemistry and the integration of math of science is achieved by considerable problem solving practice. The chemistry of the elements on the periodic table is related to their electron structures and the basic scientific laws such as the law of conservation of matter to predict and determine chemical reaction and physical properties.