British Literature: Grades 10-12: Full Year Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of English.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
This course consists of an exploration of British literature, including poetry, drama, the short story, the novel and non-fiction. The course is designed to give students opportunities to discuss and analyze a variety of texts, as well as the historical context and its effect on each work. Students will learn to critically read challenging texts and relate their discussions to the literary periods in which they were written. Students will write analytical, research based and argumentative papers supporting clear and cohesive central ideas with organized evidence and claims. Grammar, mechanics and usage are taught through mini-lessons and students will learn to implement MLA guidelines for citation of sources in research papers.