Biology: Full Year Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of Biology.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
The course applies a molecular approach to the study of life on earth in order to foster an understanding of the interrelationships of all earth’s organisms. This course is designed to prepare a student for college. Topics include: biochemistry of life; energy flow and nutrient cycling; structures and functions of cells; diversity and interdependence of organisms; DNA and relatedness; heredity and genetics; evolution. Current bioethical issues are discussed. Processes such as photosynthesis, cellular respiration, DNA replication, protein synthesis, mitosis, meiosis, inheritance and evolution are discussed and demonstrated using current technology.