American Literature: Grades 10-12: Full Year Course
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of English.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries
In this course students study American Literature toward synthesizing an evolving American identity. An in-depth study of literary and sound devices will be required – moving toward mastery. Students are expected to be familiar with the conventions of literary analysis in order to sharpen their critical interpretations and fashion academic arguments.
Research writing strategies are taught, along with source documentation requirements. Students study both primary and secondary sources of information and proper source integration. The generation of a sound academic argument will ultimately be realized in essay composition and in research writing.