Advanced Placement Calculus BC: Full Year Course
Students learn the key concepts, methods, and applications of calculus. Students will develop an understanding of functions and graphs at the level of limits, derivatives and applications of derivatives, integrals and application of integrals, polynomial approximations and series, series of constants, Taylor series.
Students should be highly motivated for this academically rigorous course. Participation in this class will prepare students for the exam. Depending of the college or university, students may earn college credits by passing the Advanced Placement Examination prepared by the College Board.
AP Calculus BC Topics
- Functions, Graphs, and Limits
- Applications of Derivatives
- Applications of Integrals
- Polynomial Approximations and Series
- Series of Constants
- Taylor Series
Source: AP Central
Face to Face Online Course in real time, taught by a state certified Teacher of Mathematics.
Teacher for the course has been audited by College Board to teach AP Calculus BC.
IOE is Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited.
- Free online orientation introduces tools of 21st Century online platform to all enrolled students before course begins
- Via online platform, teacher participates in Back to School Night to provide course overview to parents
- Course is integrated into district's bell schedule
- Every lesson is recorded and provided to students as a study artifact
- Online gradebook allows students and parents to track academic progress
- 24 hour tech support included
- Course is accessible anywhere with Internet connectivity: school computer labs, student home, and libraries